ALP Seminar 6
The 2017 ALP Seminar took place on the 28th of June. It was a rousing success as the room was filled with stakeholders within the Agricultural community who took the opportunity to voice their challenges and concerns; debate the potential solutions; discuss issues around finance and investment as well as government policies etc. In attendance was Mrs Adebajo Hon Commissioner for Agriculture for Ogun State who presented in brief the vision of her State and fielded questions from Agri-business executives from her state.
In all there were about 170 delegates in attendance from all sectors of the Agriculture and Agro-allied business community including Fisheries Horticulture Livestock and Poultry comprising of Entrepreneurs, large and small scale farmers. There were also one or two officials from Lagos state government.
The Agenda for the day was comprised of four keynote speeches and corresponding panel discussions
For a more in depth report please click here.
About the ALP Seminar series
The ALP Seminar series was established by Akindelano Legal Practitioners (ALP) in 2012 as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility efforts. It sets out to create an interactive forum to discuss issues affecting the development of business and commercial enterprise. It has since become a well-attended fixture in the corporate mainstream serving to galvanize thought-leadership, information-sharing and creation of healthy business networks. Our choice of topics is influenced by a Committee of Advisers comprised of talented leaders in the business world including: Mr. Mofe Boyo, DMD Oando; Mr. Kayode Akinkugbe MD,FBN Quest Mr. Ajibola Olomola Partner, KPMG; Mr. John Delano ALP and Mr. Oluyele Delano (SAN) ALP.
- The Role of Research and Technology in the Agriculture Sector
Dr Kenton Dashiell DDG, IITA
- Treating Agriculture as a business
Mr Ade Adefeko of Olam,
- Attracting Investment and Finance into the Agriculture Industry
Mr Mezuo Nwuneli Sahel Capital (Fafina Fund)
- The Minefield of Acquiring Land for Agricultural purposes
Mr Oluyele Delano SAN
The Panelists and Special Guests in attendance
- Sadiq Usman Flour Mills
- Dr Ajibola Samson Leadway Assurance
- Chuka Mordi Union Diconsalt Ltd
- Dr. Mawuli R. Coffie West Africa Food Markets
- Van Jones Hello Tractor
- Mr. Savara MD, Amolese Aquaculture Nigeria Limited
- Nkiru Opkareke Enviro
- Funke Jones Providus
- Ayodeji Balogun AFEX
- Bukola Awosanya Sterling Bank
- Richard Ogundele GEM54
- Innocent Azih Carbon Trade Exchange Centre
- Kola Adeniji Nigeria Landbank Initiative
- Oluwasanmi Akinsumire Cellulant